Thought for the Week: I am

Since we are spiritual beings having a human experience, it behooves us to consciously check in with the spirit within us that is giving...
carpentercorner2.jpg

Carpenter’s Corner: Finding joy

Sometimes I think the world could be fixed if we just had a roll of duct tape large enough. If we were marooned in...

Rebuilding homes, lives one year later

The one-year-anniversary of Alpine’s West Fire is July 6, 2019. The fire burned approximately 504 acres and destroyed numerous homes and structures. Since last July...

College-bound grads get financial helping hand

The Alpine Woman’s Club awarded scholarships to Robert A. Dennett, Devon Fox, and Skylar Larsen recently through their Scholarship, Preservation and Education Foundation in...

Farrington’s case wins Gregory Anderson Award, Anne Schafer Award at San...

The case Alpine resident Karen Farrington entered in the San Diego County Fair’s Gems, Minerals, and Jewelry exhibition won the Gregory Anderson Award for...

Getting set for Independence Day tradition

The Alpine 4th of July Parade & Festival will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. next Thursday. The parade will start on West...

Local street improvement program adds $50,000

The annual update of the County of San Diego’s TransNet Local Street Improvement Program added $50,000 of TransNet funding for the Alpine Boulevard improvements. A...

Locals compete in CIF all-star baseball

The San Diego Section’s second annual high school all-star game took place June 5 at Petco Park following the San Diego Padres’ regularly scheduled...

Thought for the Week: Be still and know

Our prayer life is such a vital part of living a life that is full to overflowing with goodness and grace. It is said...
carpentercorner2.jpg

To death

I first met you in the garden. Dark, mysterious and full of pomp you made yourself known to me. Your acquaintance cost me dearly...